Available with Location Referencing license.
ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing Server is an ArcGIS Server extension that provides the capability to publish your LRS Networks and registered event layers as a map service.
As a map service, your linear referenced data can be shared to an ArcGIS Enterprise deployment and published to your organizational account at ArcGIS Online.
Networks and events can be consumed by any client app that can consume an ArcGIS Server map service, including existing web, and mobile clients. In addition, web developers can use the Web APIs to develop web and connected mobile apps for their linear referenced data.
Enabling Pipeline Referencing Server
The stand-alone Location Referencing Server installer is no longer necessary in 10.9 or later releases. However, the software must be authorized using your Location Referencing license key on each machine on which it is installed.
A full base Enterprise deployment is required and must be installed to compatible versions.
Authorizing the software
Visit My Esri to obtain authorization (by email, fax, phone, or mail), then use your license key to authorize the following:
- Pipeline Referencing Server (enabled with Location Referencing Server license)
- ArcGIS Event Editor (enabled with Location Referencing Server license but downloaded, installed, and deployed separately)
The ArcGIS Event Editor web app runs with Location Referencing services published from ArcGIS Pro.
Learn more about downloading, installing, and deploying ArcGIS Event Editor
Once the ArcGIS Location Referencing license is used to authorize each instance of ArcGIS Server, the Roads and Highways features and services that are native to ArcGIS Enterprise are available to use.
Compatibility with ArcGIS Pro
ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Enterprise must be installed to compatible versions:
|ArcGIS Pro Version||ArcGIS Enterprise version|
Adds the linear referencing capability to map services
Pipeline Referencing Server extends an existing map service with an additional REST service capability for linear referencing whenever a map is published with the Linear Referencing option enabled.
The following are supported in map services with linear referencing enabled:
- Provide LRS-based network and event layer information.
- Translate coordinate locations to routes and measures.
- Translate (Locate) routes and measures to coordinates or polylines.
- Validate route and measure values.
- Convert measures from one linear referencing method (LRM) to another.
- Multilayer, transactional event editing, with support for overlap retirement and coincident event merging.
Pipeline Referencing provides online developer help for the REST services exposed by the linear referencing capability.
Learn more about the Linear Referencing Service REST API and enabling the linear referencing capability.
Pipeline Referencing Server comes packaged with ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing sample web apps that demonstrate the use of exposed REST services.
These developer samples demonstrate how a web or connected mobile developer would do the following:
- Visualize networks on a map.
- Visualize events on a map.
- Locate measures on a route.
- Perform spatial and attribute queries for routes.
- Perform spatial, measure, and attribute queries for events.
- Convert routes and measures to coordinates.
- Convert coordinates to routes and measures.
- Convert measures between LRMs.
Edit event data on the web using Event Editor
ArcGIS Event Editor is a web app provided by Pipeline Referencing Server that supports editing of event data in a web browser.
Learn more about deploying and using the Event Editor web app